• question-icon

What causes persistent redness in eyes?

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: My eyes is always red i getting treatment over 7 years in so many hospitalsbut there is no change and the redness was increasing doctors are saying it was allergic pls doctor any pls tell me any solution to cure my eyes from the redness
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Decongestant eye drops needed.

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.

I would have been happy to get a list of drops which you have already used so as not to repeat the treatment which has already been done.

Still what you need to do is use decongestant eye drops containing Nephazoline. These come in the market as Vasozine,Clearine, Or Conzol eye drops. You can add Oloptidine group like Olo or Olopat drops and Keterolac group like Acular LS drops.

What you should not do is use steroid drops as their long term use has lot of complications.

Get back to me in case of any further query in this regard..

Kind Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist