What causes persistent productive cough with white phlegm?
Probable allergic reaction. Anti allergy drug, X ray if cough persists
Hi and thanks for the query,
The scenario you are presenting should be compatible with you being allergic to a specific environmental factor. Have you changed your work atmosphere lately? I think the cough should be of allergic origin.
I suggest you take an anti allergy drug (loratadine) for instance for a couple of days. It is unlikely it should be infectious from nature of the sputum and lack of fever.
In case situation persists even with anti allergic therapy, you might need a chest X ray and a clinical review.
For now no worries, and I think you try anti allergy therapy first.
Kind regards as I wish you the best of health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Non productive cough causes
- Productive cough car accident
- Productive cough after eating
- What is the remedy for the tonsillitis and productive cough
- What is the treatment for productive cough
- Productive cough lumpy yellow phlegm
- Productive cough clear white sputum
- Postural productive cough causes
- Productive cough causes
- What causes productive cough with wheezing