What causes persistent pelvic pain in a pregnant woman despite taking antibiotics?
I am XXXX wife and I am 38 weeks 2 days pregnant,baby is in head down position.I am having stabbing pain at vagina,pelvic pain and mild back pain too.so when I had vaginal examination 2 days before doctor found out that I have mild yeaSt infection and this causes the above mentioned pain and suggested clotrimazole vaginal suppositories for 3 days.But still my pain seems to be not reduced.so is tis pain due to infection or signs of labor. belly tightening is also there.
Pls help me out.
Visit your gynecologist
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
The pain you had could have been because of yeast infection but now since you have abdominal tightening also it seems you have started having labor pains which will increase over time.
It is not safe to stay home without check up so in my opinion you need to go to your gynecologist for examination at the earliest.
In case you have any other question, please feel free to ask.
Dr Manisha Jain
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of lower pelvic pain
- Pelvic pain causes
- Pelvic pain menopause causes
- Tdap causing pelvic pain
- Pregnant jagging pelvic pain
- What is the cause for bloating feeling and pelvic pain
- What causes pelvic pain after taking antibiotics post appendix operation
- Pelvic pain syndrome causes
- Chronic pelvic pain causes
- Pelvic pain while pregnant