What causes persistent pain in tailbone, hip and knee?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 7 Jan 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hello, I was trying to check symptoms - I am experiencing severe pain - it has been going on for several months now, but it is getting worse everyday. The pain occurs mostly at night when I am laying down in my tailbone, hips and knee area. The pain is so sever I cannot sleep. It is better when I stand up. I am also experiencing tender points on the outside if my thighs about half way down my leg, and occasionally will feel "heat" in my shoulder blades. I am not sure what type of doctor I should go see about something like this.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be a vitamin D3 deficiency.

Detailed Answer:
The generalized pains during rest that you are having can be due to a vitamin D3 deficiency, osteoporosis or an electrolyte imbalance causing a muscular pain.
You need to consult an orthopedician and get a few blood tests done to find out the cause. Till then exposure to sun and a hot shower will help in reducing these pains.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal