What causes persistent pain in right shoulder blade?
Please suggest what should I do to get rid of this annoying pain.
Can be shoulder tendonitis.
Thanks for posting your query.
From the symptoms that you have described, it seems to be Rotator cuff tendonitis or shoulder impingement syndrome which causes irritation and inflammation of the rotator cuff and the bursa when doing shoulder activity and hence pain.
You need to get an MRI scan done which is a more sensitive test for soft tissue and muscular injuries. An Orthopedician is the best person to be consulted.
Here are some general treatment measures which you can follow:
1) Provide complete rest and avoid overhead activities.
2) Apply cold compresses and take some anti inflammatory pain killer after consulting your doctor.
If the symptoms are severe then after confirming the diagnosis by MRI, you may need steroid injections or surgical arthroscopic technique (kept as last resort).
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain between the back shoulder blades
- What are the causes of persistent epigastric pain
- What causes persistent pain in right hip
- Neck causing shoulder blade pain
- Pain causing nodules in shoulder blade
- What causes persitent pain in shoulder blades
- What causes pain under skin below right shoulder blade
- Causes pain left shoulder blade
- What causes persistent pain in armsneck and shoulders
- What causes pain in chest along with shoulder blade