What causes persistent pain in left hand and shoulder?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: most of the time my mother feel pain or like shock in left hand. it starts from hand to shoulder. please suggest on this.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
This is from nerve irritation!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this pain. The description is typical of a neuropathic pain. This happens when the nerve is trapped or compressed at one of the points. The most common sites are at the shoulder and the elbow joints. I will suggest that you get her examined to map the exact pathway of this pain distribution so as to identify the affected nerve and address the cause accordingly. I will say start with your primary care physician at this time.

I hope this helps. I wish you well and feel free to talk to me for further clarifications and more information if need be.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 52 minutes later

Thanks for your valuable feedback. i am living at XXXXXXX XXXXXXX 132103 so please suggest a special doctor for treatment.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Unfortunately, I have no known specialist there! Ask your doctors around!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this follow up.

Unfortunately, I know no specialist there. May I suggest that you follow up with doctors in the neighborhood for advise and orientation. Keep me posted with your search.