question-icon

What causes persistent pain and tingling in the leg?

Posted on Thu, 21 Jul 2016
Question: Hi - I'm experiencing a slight pain and tingling in my left leg - persisting. Should I worry about stroke?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar (35 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Unlikely to be a stroke

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

I am Dr Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist, and would try my best to help you.

I have noted your symptoms and they are not suggestive of stroke. They are most probably due to involvement of nerves in skin.

Please watch for symptoms such as pain/tingling/numbness of one half of body (face, arm and leg) or weakness of one half of body or difficulty in speaking, which are the common symptoms of stroke.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Consultant Neurologist
Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist