question-icon

What causes persistent nosebleeds?

Posted on Fri, 12 Aug 2016
Question: Hello, Dr XXXXXXX My uncle had bleeding from his nose this evening.He is again having bleed now.He is losing around 30-50 ml everytime.Please suggest a good remedy.
Answered by Dr. Prasanna Heijebu (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Emergency care is required.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir.

i can certainly understand your concern.

The bleeding in his case should most probably result from hypertension .

Its important to stop the bleed at this point to prevent onset of low blood pressure.

I advise you to visit a near by hospital with emergency facilities and take injections to stop bleeding.

Likewise, its important to pack the nose to arrest the bleed.Later an ENT surgeon should see your father and give his validated opinion on the case.

Post your further queries if any.
Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Prasanna Heijebu