What causes persistent nausea, headache and confusion?

Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Thu, 15 Sep 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: I have been feeling less than great on and off for a few months now. Constant naseau is the main issue. Along with the naseau, headaches and confestion sometime accompany as symptoms. I have been taking otc acid relief medication for a while with no signs improvement. I have yet to se my gp or anyone else. I rarely get ill so i was assuming and hoping this issue would pass.
Answered by Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
problem in nerves of brain or due to stomach problems.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthCareMagic.com I am Dr.J XXXXXXX Anto Bruno Mascarenhas. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you.

You have the following symptoms
1. Nausea
2. Confusion (i think you have written confusion as confestion)
3. Headache

These can be either due to a problem in nerves of brain or due to stomach problems.

First you have to consult a Neurosurgeon to make sure that this is not a neurological problem. You will be requiring Clinical Examination, Fundus Examination and Radiological Examination.

Then you have to consult a Surgical Gastroenterologist and undergo Abdominal Examination, Rectal Examination, Endoscopy, Ultrasound Abdomen and if needed Colonoscopy and CT Abdomen

Hope you found the answer helpful.

If you need any clarification / have doubts / have additional questions / have follow up questions, then please do not hesitate in asking again. I will be happy to answer your questions.

Best Wishes for Speedy Recovery
Let me know if I can assist you further.

-oOo-

PS 1 : After all your doubts have been cleared, kindly (a) Close this Question (b) Rate my Replies and (c) Give your Feedback.

PS 2 : In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly in HealthCareMagic at http://bit.ly/askdrbruno
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D