What causes persistent nausea and burning sensation in the stomach?

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Sat, 17 Sep 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: S/S:
Intermittent stomach burning and nausea for more than a month - not pregnant - taking omeprazole as prescribed, no missed doses

chronic tension like headaches

tight shoulders, aching

Intermittent clicking sounds in ears, not r/t bone adjustment
The nausea and tension used to occur only occasionally and are now daily, tried a lot of different things, even chiropractic care
It has been suggested that I see a neurologist, can't get an appointment for a while
Anything else I can try and what do you think could be the possible causality?
Thank you,
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible Migraine? Need further assessment.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Madam.

I can certainly understand your concern.

As per your symptoms, the possibility of Migraine or a tension type headache is high.

It's very important to start the treatment at the earliest.

I also advise you to get a CT brain to rule out any organic brain pathology.

I generally prescribe oral pills of Triptans and Antiflammatory analgesics like Ibuprofen to control the symptoms.

Additionally I also prescribe oral pills of Clonotril and Pantoprazole daily for 21 days to reduce the gastric symptoms and anxiety.

Please check with your physician if he shares my view and if can prescribe these pills to you.

Further management if any is based in test results and clinical improvement.

Post your further queries if any

Thank you