• question-icon

What causes persistent mouth ulcers despite having negative STD test reports?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Why inspite of negative STD results , i am getting mouth ulcers and lighheadness and soar throat and its persistant.
Need upmost clinical help and assaurence.
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It might be due to some vitamin deficiency or other reason.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome to HCM. I have gone through your query and understand the concerns you are worried for.

Despite repeated negative STD results mouth ulcer may be due to folate deficiency. Persistent sore throat is mostly due to other viral or bacterial infection. Consult physician to isolate the cause and follow the treatment regime as per the advice.

Take tab Folvite 5 mg twice daily and use Zytee or Smiley gel for local application for mouth ulcers.

Do XXXXXXX warm water gargles and take steam inhalation for sore throat. Don't get too anxious because it can also give rise to many unrelated symptoms also.

Hope this info will help you. For any further query get back to me again and I am always here to help you straight way. Stay happy and healthy.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 14 hours later
Hi Doctor,

I agree that something else is bothering me , its now 3-4 months when i am constantly experiencing below problem

- Soar and scrachy throat
- Burning mouth , lips and tongue
- Ulcers
- weak vision
From last 2-3 weeks
- Constant 24*7 lightheadness , fatigue and light sensations
-weired electric sensation in body during sleep.
- pain in various body parts spl joints

How much i have to suffer for all such discomforts even after below test cases, had appointment with various Ent , internal specialist doctors and they are not Able to figure out the cause of problem.
Test history
Hiv 1-2 Elisa negative - 37 days , 87 days , 181 days
Hep B and C non reactive - 37 days and 87 days
Hiv1Rna PCR - <72 ul/ml - 87 days
Vdrl - non reactive 87 days
HSV 1-2 - non reactive 37 days
Ana , ESR, c-protein - neg 120 days
Multiple CBC normal in last 3-4 months

I donno what is going on , my biggest exposure with CSW was lot of wet tongue kissing . Do i need to test for MONO aur any other STD's. Or STD is not at all my concern.
I am dead scared of any future unexpected results due to such painful symtoms

Please suggest
Brief Answer:
No risk of HIV or any other STDs.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome back and thanks for follow-up.

Kissing is no risk activity for HIV because human saliva is not the fluid that transmits HIV and it also contains an enzyme which inhibits the growth of HIV virus so don't get scared or worried about it.

All your test result for HIV even after 6 months are negative along with non-reactive hep B and c, vdrl, ESR and CBC so you are absolutely free from HIV and other STDs. The window period for HIV also varies from 15 days to 3 months so the test result after 6 months is 100% reliable and accurate.

No need to go for any test related to STD as it's not at all you concern, what you have to do is to get rid from anxiety or fear of HIV because it is causing all the problems and that is why internal medicine or ENT specialist are not able to figure out problem.

Do meditation or yoga to relax your mind. Consider counselling services and consult some psychiatrist if still not able to concentrate. Forget about all the things and move ahead in life because what you are thinking is baseless as per your reports. If still any doubt left write to me and I will help you out.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Sunil Jangid

HIV AIDS Specialist