• question-icon

What causes persistent lower back pain while on Advil?

Posted on Mon, 3 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Persistent lower back pain - toradol injection 72 hours ago provided 24 hour relief - 800 mg Advil since no relief - now tenderness in abdominal area and overall yucky feelin - pain level 5-8.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please let me know if you had suffered from any trauma

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query. Your low back pain could be due to spondylosis or could be due to muscle spasm, thus causing the pain. Hot compress should provide relief. The vicious cycle of pain and spasm needs to be broken. Continue Toradol injections but I would insist you to take paracetamol or acetaminophen 500 mg two tablets together twice or thrice daily for next 3 days. This should ease the problem and make it go away. If it does not, I would insist you to get a X Ray of Lumbosacral spine (AP and lateral) done and to see a physical therapist with the reports. Based on the findings he would be able to demonstrate to you proper exercises that should provide relief.

Feel free to write back.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha