What causes persistent lightheadedness while sleeping?

Posted on Tue, 13 Sep 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Have been light headed since Monday, when I am laying down or sleeping it doesnt bother me though.
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Low blood pressure or anaemia can be the reason.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM.

I have gone through your query. Your problem can be due to low blood pressure or anaemia. Ear problems also can cause such symptoms.
Check your blood pressure to rule out low blood pressure. Anaemia can be ruled out by doing blood routine examination. In case of low blood pressure taking soups and increasing salt intake will be helpful. If it is anaemia then taking Iron and B12 supplements will be helpful.
Do you have sinus problems (sinusitis ) or ear problems. ?

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Nishad BN