What causes persistent lightheadedness and back pain after chemotherapy?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have persistent lightheadedness which started to occur just after chemo treatments but now will not go away. I feel strong, I am eating well. I taken about 2 over the counter naproxen tablets lately for back muscle pain. I am recovering from IV antibiotics due to gall bladder infection 2 weeks ago.
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need micronutrients replacements and supplements

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all, it is sad to know what you had gone through.

Based on the history you have shared, it can be due to the post chemotherapy effects and may also be due to micronutrients deficiencies and comprised energy state as body is unable to cope with high demands post therapy and may need extra supplementation despite usual intake. You seem like a brave person to have coped with both illnesses simultaneously with such determination and compliance.

At this stage using supplements for B12, D3, calcium and folic acid may help. If light headedness persisted despite these and even after few weeks of stopping the therapy with antibiotics and chemo effects then detailed blood work up including electrolytes and renal and liver function tests may be needed.

Meanwhile keep using healthy and balanced diets intake and light exercises.
Wishing you a speedy recovery. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee