• question-icon

What causes persistent itching at the opening of the urethra?

Posted on Wed, 9 Aug 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have persistant itching at opening of urethra. There is no rash and no UTI sytoms (no frequent urination or pain). I am not sexualy active.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs to rule out Diabetes .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Persistent itching in genitals at the age of 47 years is mostly a presenting symptom of Type 2 Diabetes .

Get your blood sugar levels test done on empty stomach and 2 hours after lunch to confirm the same.

Cleaning and washing the genital area with Betadine Vaginal Solution will help to get relief from symptom.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist