What causes persistent irritation on lower calf after second degree hot oil burn?
It's due to post burs persistent inflammation
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
The cause of your symptoms is due to persistent post burn inflammation. It has also lead to telangiectasia and persistent erythema. This increased local vascularity is cause of symptoms. This post burn inflammation normally make take months to settle down.
I would suggest you the following
1. Local application of mild steroid ointment like Mometasone twice a day
2. Rest of the time apply either liquid paraffin or any aloe Vera based moisturising ointment.
3. Antihistamines like cetrizine taken for 15 days will be helpful
Do not scratch the area . Wear loose clothing over the affected area. Avoid jeans or tight clothing.
Do keep me updated about progress.
Dr T Shobha Deepak
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes calf muscle spasms
- What causes swelling in calf
- What causes pain calf muscle after running
- What causes bruises on the calf muscles
- What causes lower calf muscle pain after bunion removal
- What causes twitching in calf and foot
- What causes swelling in lower calfs in both legs
- What causes swollen and warm calf
- What causes calf cramps
- What causes persistent pain in calf muscle