What causes persistent insomnia while on Zolpidem?

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Mental Health
Question: Yes, I have had insomnia for many years and used to take zolpidem 10mg which was prescribed by my doctor. My doctor as retired and I can't find a doctor who wants to write a prescription. Is there a online dr. that can prescribe. I have a history of bladder spasms as well as Parkinson and insomnia. Zolpidem helped immensely.
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Zolpidem can't be prescribed online

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM

I can understand your concern but would like to tell you that Zolpidem is a Z drug. The drugs are classified in controlled drugs. It's not possible to prescribe the drug online because of legal issues. You have to visit a Psychiatrist for prescription of this drug.

Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng