What causes persistent inflammation in the lower right abdomen despite taking probiotics?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in General Health
Question: i ve been taking pre and probiotics for 4 days now since the order took a lot of time to reach. the inflamation in my lower right region(ileum) is still there. but its frequency of occurance has come down a bit. im taking pre and pro biotics twice a day after meals
thank you
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Follow all advices and pre and probiotics for atleast 4 weeks.

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query,

Its good to hear that you are feeling a bit better within 4 days of using probiotics. As I've explained earlier, things will take some time to settle down. Just be patient and follow everything I advised earlier.

Keep on taking Pre and Probiotics regularly for few days, within a week or two, things will start getting better.

However a stool routine and microscopy test should be done to see if there is any bacterial infection present. As in that case, short term antibiotic therapy would be given along with some anti inflammatory medicines.

Remain motivated, follow all advises given by me and continue taking probiotics for 4 weeks.

Good luck and have a fast recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee