What causes persistent hematuria?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi,i am 25 years old ,i went to urgent care 2 weeks ago for urine test and the doctor said that he can see with microscop little bit of blood in my urine,also i went to a different urgent care 5 days ago they told me samething,i went to ER 4 days ago cuz im scared if i have a bladder cancer and they did urine test blood test and ct scan they told me that im good,do u think if i have cancer bloodtest or ct scan would show something???and they recommend me to goo to urologist to follow up,,do u think drinkin less than a bottle of water cost this or holding the pee for few hours,,what do u think it is,also they didnt not found any bactaria or infection on my urine,also i use to mastrubate two times a day agressive??please give me much answer that u can
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Microscopic Hematuria is likely to be due to concentrated urine .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query and highlighting the facts and findings of Ct Scan and urine analysis .

At the outset I would like to state that cancer of the bladder always presents with a gross hematuria (Blood in urine) .Hence you need not worry or think about it .

The microscopic hematuria in absence of any symptoms of UTI or positive laboratory findings is likely to be due to concentrated urine resulting from less production of urine due to less water intake .

Excessive masturbation over a short period does not play any role in microscopic hematuria .

Ensure to drink more water and repeat your urine analysis after a week. You will be surprised to see to find no red blood cells in your urine .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.