What causes persistent heavy bleeding after taking abortion pills?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Sir My spouse took abortion kit 12 days back after taking tablet bleeding occur 1 day very clearly with decharge of heavy blood cloth after 10 days I have done urine test but yet results is positive what to do sir
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get an ultrasound scan done.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
if the urine test is still strongly positive and your wife did not see the products expelling then the abortion may not be complete. She needs an ultrasound scan to check if the abortion is complete or not.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj