What causes persistent heartburn and indigestion while on Omeprazole?
cancer last thing to think of
Hi and welcome to HCM.
Esophageal cancer is rare, especially at such young age. So this is the last thing to think of and risk for it is negligible in your case. It is usually seen in people who smoke and drink alcohol for longer time and almost never before 50 years.
So this is not cancer.
You have typical symptoms of gastritis, or GERD and you should continue with OMEPRAZOLE but also do Gastroscopy to rule out ulcer and Helicobacter infection.
Also, anxiety and stress may just aggravate symptoms and this is probably the main cause of your chest pain. Please try to relax and not to think on serious diseases.
Keep yourself busy in study , work , outdoor activities , hobbies so that such fearful thought doesn't even arise.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes heartburn while pregnant
- What causes difficulty in swallowing and heartburn
- What causes heartburn and numbness
- Whats the cause of headaches and heartburn
- What in fruit punch causes heartburn
- What causes heartburn during pregnancy
- What causes extreme heartburn
- What is the cause and treatment for heartburn
- Can flucloxacillin cause indigestion and heartburn
- Would splenomegaly cause indigestion and heartburn