What causes persistent headache?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 23 Apr 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: hi, i am in my 25th week and from past one day i have continous headache. it stays for whole day and even at night. today i decided to drink a lot of water and have drank 2 litres of water still i have the headache. Why is it happening, i never used to get headache before except when severe fever.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can take paracetamol tablet.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
As you are having severe headache with out fever and any other symptoms, it is most likely due to hormonal changes during pregnancy.
You can take paracetamol for your headache and drink a lot of water.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng