What causes persistent headache?
Hello.Delighted to be able to help.
Continued use of Acetaminophen is related to chronic headache
Probably you have headaches every day due to continued use of Acetaminophen.
From the drugs that you refers,Zolmitriptan and similar drugs called "triptans" are effective only when the person suffers from migraines.
In your case, it seems that you suffer from tension headache.
It is important to distinguish between effective drugs to prevent attacks and effective drugs to treat attacks.
For prevention of tension headache,the most effective drug is Amitriptyline(must be taken daily at night).
To treat attacks, the most effective drug is Naproxen.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions,I will be happy to help.If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer.I wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes headaches and migraines
- What causes headaches everyday
- What causes persistent headaches afeter reaction to an anesthesia
- What is the cause and treatment for persistent headaches
- What is the reason or cause of headache
- What causes headaches and dizziness
- What causes headaches and nausea
- What causes headaches
- What causes prolonged and persistent headaches
- What causes a severe headache