question-icon

What causes persistent headache and hot flashes?

Posted on Tue, 24 May 2016
Question: I have been having low grade headaches for several weeks recently joined by hot flashes.
Answered by Dr. Zenab Tambawala (53 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
blood pressure , thyroid needs to be checked

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,
Welcome to HCM,

Headache for several weeks cannot be neglected. Though tylenaol is good for temporary pain releif, to find the cause is necessary.

Hot flashes would indicate hormonal imbalances and I would advise you to get Thyroid hormones checked.

Also your blood pressure needs to be monitored as the headaches could be due to them.

How long back did you attain menopause? Did you ever take hormone replacement therapy for the same?

Another concern would be if you have had regular checks in form of mammogram for your breasts as very rarely cancer of breasts could present this way.

Hope this helps.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Zenab Tambawala

OBGYN