What causes persistent fever with normal blood culture?
To consider Autoimmune disorders
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day,
From the description given it qualifies as Pyrexia of Unknown Origin(PUO) with evidence of systemic inflammatory response syndrome(SIRS).
Infection or Infection leading to septicaemia is just one of the cause for PUO.
I would also suggest you to consider the possibility of other disorder like
1. Auti-immune disorder
2. Temporal Arteritis
3. Subphrenic abscess
These could be the cause of fever.
I would also suggest the following investigation to be done
1. Ultrasound of abdomen and chest
2. Lumbar puncture
3. Autoimmune workup
I would suggest you to discuss this with your treating Physician.
Do keep me updated about the progress.
Awaiting your response
Dr T Shobha Deepak
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Persistent fever negative for widal and urine diagnosis
- Infant with persisting fever not responding to flexon malaria
- Persistent fever
- Causes of persistent fever
- Suggest treatment for persistent fever with cold and stomach upset
- Suffering with chicken pox persisting fever cause of fever
- Renal transplant done persisting fever worried
- Persistent fever and headache
- Persistent fever 994 after paratyphoid
- Causes for persistent fever during typhoid treatment