What causes persistent fever when diagnosed with typhoid?

Dr. Nishad BN

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in General Health
Question: I have moved XXXXXXX recently from XXXXXXX I have not very good with cold climate based on my previous experiences. XXXXXXX being cold gets tough on me... Within weeks i was diagnosed with Typhoid (2nd) level, Recovered now but I still feel feverish on the evening and sometimes in the day. Is this because of the climate.
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be due to after effects of typhoid.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir

Thank you for asking HCM.

I have gone through your query. Your tiredness can be due to after effects of typhoid. Better to run serological test to confirm that you are completely free from typhoid. Liver function test (liver enzymes) test also should be done to find out whether your liver function well.

Anaemia or fatigue syndrome can be present after typhoid. Anaemia can be ruled out by doing blood routine examination. If there is anaemia then taking Iron, b12 and folic acid supplements will be helpful. I also would recommend to take vitamin C to boost your immunity.
Eat healthy. You can also take protein powders like B protein powder in milk. Dress well in cold climate.

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Nishad BN 21 minutes later
Thank you so much for the quick response. I have tested my Anemia level it's at 14.6. Will check on the liver enzymes
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome.

You can upload your reports when it is ready.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.