What causes persistent fever, rashes on face and productive cough in a child?
Needs to rule out typhoid .
Welcome to HCM.
Can understand your concerns.
Your child has fever for almost one week inspite of giving antibiotics.
In my opinion, child should be tested for typhoid and test like typhoid Igm.
Temperature charting three times a day should be done so that we can know whether child is responding to antibiotics or not.
Give advil syrup for fever.
Continue antibiotic till you do the tests.
If tests comes positive then antibiotic needs to be changed.
I hope this will help you.
Yes, its possible
Thank you for follow up query.
Typhoid occurs due to infected water or food and not by travel.
Although chances are rare but we must rule out typhoid because of fever of more than 5 days duration.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Non productive cough causes
- Productive cough no fever
- What is the treatment for productive cough
- Persistent fever
- Causes of persistent fever
- Suffering with chicken pox persisting fever cause of fever
- Postural productive cough causes
- Productive cough causes
- Causes for persistent fever during typhoid treatment
- What causes productive cough with wheezing