What causes persistent fever, numbness in toes, fatigue and tachycardia?
I worked with a child with cmv, could it be I was exposed?
urinary track infection
pain on left leg
numbness started in toes then quickly to fingers
rashes that disappear in 1 day
thirst dry mouth
unsteady gait on and off
sore in nose
fever blister due to oregano oil that burned my mouth
hand burning sensation
What could this be? its been 3 months! Thank you.
PCR for CMV is needed right away !
I warmly Welcome you to HCM!
If a person is having no issues with immune system (immunocompetent) and is infected with CMV, very little to no symptoms are elicited in that case. But in Immunocompromised individuals (having low immune system) there are a lot of symptoms. And yes, much of your symptoms look like it is a viral infection.
I suspect here some STD too if not previously ruled out and screened for. I will suggest to ask your treating physician to screen you for Sexually transmitted diseases especially if you are sexually active.
Diagnostics needed specifically :-
My suggestion is to go for an in-person evaluation by an Infectious Diseases Specialist and ask him to go for CMV DNA Real-Time-PCR Qualitative and Quantitative test to find out if infected and assess the viral load.
If found positive for virus, your Physician will go for proper management accordingly. It is based on Antivirals (preferably Ganciclovir). Other remedies are based on symptoms e.g associated eye infection if any (retinitis) may be treated accordingly.
Hope it helps. Feel free to please add a follow-up query here if you need further assistance.
In future, ask me a query directly from my profile if needed .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Persistent fever negative for widal and urine diagnosis
- Infant with persisting fever not responding to flexon malaria
- Persistent fever
- Causes of persistent fever
- Suggest treatment for persistent fever with cold and stomach upset
- Suffering with chicken pox persisting fever cause of fever
- Renal transplant done persisting fever worried
- Persistent fever and headache
- Persistent fever 994 after paratyphoid
- Causes for persistent fever during typhoid treatment
- Suggest treatment for indigestion and gastric problem
- What causes red patch on glans penis?
- What causes swelling in ankles and foot?
- Suggest remedy for pain in testicles
- What does my lab test report indicate?
- What does my urine analysis test report indicate?
- What causes blood in urine with flank pain?
- Suggest remedy for rashes on penis
- Suggest remedy for kyphosis
- Suggest treatment for pain and pulled muscle in lower back