What causes persistent fever and headache for 3 days?

Dr. Kathy Robinson

Posted on Mon, 5 Mar 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: 3 days with an average 101 Fever with headache: No flu symptoms or flu diagnosis. What is the possible diagnosis?
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
concerning

Detailed Answer:
Fever and headache are concerning for meningitis. It would be a good idea for you to see a doctor to rule this out and to find the cause of the symptoms.
Less concerning diagnoses could be an ear infection or sinus infection. Those can be treated with antibiotics.
If it is meningitis you might also have a stiff neck. If this is the case then you should go to emergency immediately.
Dr. Robinson