What causes persistent fever and cough?
Could be due to amoxycillin in a viral infection
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
Most often cough and cold occurs due to certain viral infections. Since the infectio n is peristing, the doctor had probably prescribed antibiotics like amoxycillin. Incidentally some viruses like Epstein Barr Virus are often involved and giving amoxycillin in such cases gives rise to rashes. It could be what is happening in the case of your son.
I would insist you to take him to a doctor so that he can examine the child and confirm.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Persistent fever negative for widal and urine diagnosis
- Infant with persisting fever not responding to flexon malaria
- Persistent fever
- Causes of persistent fever
- Suffering with chicken pox persisting fever cause of fever
- Suffering from cough chills fever taking tylenol persistent fever suggestions
- Renal transplant done persisting fever worried
- Persistent fever and headache
- Persistent fever 994 after paratyphoid
- Causes for persistent fever during typhoid treatment