question-icon

What causes persistent fatigue?

Posted on Mon, 28 Jul 2014
Question: I am exhausted I have had all of the normal blood work done a couple of weeks ago. Everything is in normal range except my cholesterol is slightly elevated. I can sleep 15 hours and never feel rested. I have to get some help I need a direction to go in. Please any advice is welcomed. My current meds are 1mg Estridial monthly 40 mg Celexa and 10mg Extended Release Adderal which was changed about a month and 1/2 ago from Vyvance 40mg. The PA says its not the med change. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Behar Greca (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Estradiol is causing the symptoms...

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thank you for posting.

I have gone through your query and understand your concerns.

You are exhausted because of Estradiol. Estradiol causes depression and it elevates blood lipids(fats) level. This is the reason why cholesterol level in blood is elevated.

You should contact your gynecologist to discuss about Estradiol.

Ask me for anything unclear.

All the best.
Dr. Behar.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Behar Greca