What causes persistent fatigue, night sweats, shoulder pain and mass behind the jaw?
2x1 inch mass behind jaw below ear (seems like fluid to touch)
fatigue, night sweats, shoulder and neck muscle aches
CBC - normal
TB test - Negative
Mono tests - negative
Antibiotics 1 week (Bactrim and Keflex) ineffective
Biopsy scheduled but not yet done
Ultrasound and FNAC helps
Thanks for your information.
To recapitulate: Male/42 - 3 weeks - 2 x 1 inch mass behind jaw and below ear - fluidy feeling - fatigue, night sweats, muscle ache of shoulder and neck muscles - said tests normal - Bactrim and Keflex for 1 week not effective - biopsy scheduled...
Please ask the question.
This may be an abscess related tot the lymph node or parotid salivary gland.
I would advise you the following:
Ultrasonography and FNAC or CT scan if possible to given an idea about the composition of the lump.
This helps in early diagnosis and further management.
Antibiotic and anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen should be continued.
Please let me know the reports of the said investigations if done or of the biopsy.
I hope this answer helps you, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
Thanks for the quick response.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe night sweats
- What causes soaking night sweats
- What causes periodic night sweats
- Can leukemia cause persistent fatigue, weakness?
- What causes night sweats in teenagers
- What causes feversore throatmusclejoint pains and night sweats
- Persistant fatigue post angioplasty
- What causes excessive night sweats
- What causes day and night sweats extreme fatigue and sickness
- Shoulder pain twitching thumb night sweats
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in foot from hip to toe
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones
- What causes pain and bleeding post rectocele repair surgery?
- Suggest treatment for gastritis
- What causes chest pain and abdominal pain?
- What does this ultrasonongraphy report indicate?
- What causes whitish color of outside of urethra?
- What causes skin growth on buttocks oozing pus?
- What does this EKG report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for darkened glans penis