What causes persistent fatigue and lower back pain?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have been tired for months. I have a back ache in my lower back all the time. I don't seem to get any virus though. Haven't been sick at all for the 7 months I have had this. I went to a sleep therapy and they put me on a machine. I sleep 8 hours a night but still have these symptoms.
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Radiographs of lower back and micronutrients replacement may be tried

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible.

First of all, it is sad to know what you had gone through. Based on the history you have shared, two major area of concerns that you have. One being tired all the time and other is lower back pain.

For the tiredness and lethargy to start with thyroid profile and hemoglobin levels should be confirmed to be normal. Replacement of micronutrients like Vitamin D3, calcium, B12 and folic acid may decrease the symptoms.

For lower back pains, first the radiographs of lower back or lumbar spine should be taken to rule out any narrowing of disc spaces. The supplements mentioned above will have their role in strengthening bones too alongwith ossien mineral complexes. Using of analgesics like acetaminophen and muscle relaxants like orphenidrine may help. Physiotherapist review for excerices of back muscles may also reduce the symptoms.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad