What causes persistent elevated systolic pressure?
Your advise would be appreciated - I mentioned to my Gp last week however he seemed unconcerned.
Need drug and follow up
Welcome to Health Care Magic
A persistently elevated systolic pressure is usually due to stiffness of large blood vessels, generally with ageing. It is to be addressed just like the diastolic
Have basic investigations – like ECG, ECHOcardiography, electrolytes and kidney function
A diuretic – usually Hydrochlorothiazide(HCTZ) at low dose ( 12.5mg or less ) – is the most common drug in such a situation and has excellent outcome.
Your primary Care provider will giveappropriate prescription and follow up
God bless you
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of low systolic blood pressure
- Causes of systolic murmur
- Systolic dysfunction causes
- Lv systolic dysfunction causes
- What causes systolic blood pressure
- Systolic hypertension causes
- High systolic blood pressure causes
- Systolic heart failure causes
- What causes variation of systolic reading
- Elevated systolic blood pressure causes