question-icon

What Causes Persistent Dizziness?

Posted on Fri, 27 Oct 2017
Question: Doctors have not found any abnormalities, patient smokes for years. Why are they wanting ENT involved and what so many EKG'S and oxygen tests?
She went to doctor because of passing out one time with several times of dizziness.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After going through the medical details provided by you I would like to tell you that symptoms like dizziness and loss of consiousness at the age of 70 years can be due to several reasons which require lot of diagnostic testing to find out the underlying cause.

ENT issues could be one possible reason that's why your doctor wants to evaluate it. Apart from this its advisable to get an Echocardiography done also to rule out any valvular obstruction which can also cause dizziness and syncope.

They are repeating ecg and oxygen test to find out if any transient event is happening in between.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist