What causes persistent dizziness post a quad-bypass surgery?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: It's not a simple question....22 years ago, I had quad-bypass surgery and about 4 months later, I became short of breath, went to ER and they found that the surgeons had nicked my lung and it filled with fluid. After thorosentesis, I was told my left lung was permanently scarred and I would have to use inhalers when I feel short of breath. It's happened a few times since...About 6 months ago, I went to see my pulmonologist and he was not in, so I went to the ER and they told me I was having a heart attack...which was untrue..They hospitalized me and then gave me multiple medications, which I took for a few months, but finally had to stop because of side effects. Since then, my gums and teeth started showing signs of deterioration and I'm having a bitter taste on my tongue, lip and mouth. I feel tired, even after sleeping for 8 hours and the feeling of dizziness when I lean to the left comes and goes...
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
You should rinse your mouth after inhaler use.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Your oral problems can be due to faulty inhaler use.
If you are taking steroid containing inhaler and not rinsing mouth after inhaler use, bitter taste and other oral problems can be seen.
So please let me know
1. Which inhaler you are using?
2. Is it containing steroid?
3. Do you rinse mouth after inhaler use?
4. Do you still have respiratory symptoms?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.