What causes persistent diarrhea?
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read carefully all your concerns and I can say as follows:
1. You are reporting to have diarrhea for 4 years. I need to know if you have done exams like abdominal ultrasound, colonoscopy and stool test for malabsorbtion.
2. I need to know more :
- do you have blood, mucous in your stools
- do you have sometimes diarrhea and sometime normal stools or constipation?
3 . Your symptoms may be related with:
- bowel infection.
If I were your treating doctor I would suggest to do :
- fecal test for malabsorbtion and culture test
- abdominal ultrasound to evaluate pancreas
Hope it was helpful
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Persisting diarrhea post treatment history of diverticulitis help
- What causes violent diarrhea
- Persistent diarrhea in adults
- What causes continuous diarrhea
- Having persistent diarrhea marijuana smoker what could be done
- What can cause diarrhea
- Persistent diarrhea stomach pain
- Persistent diarrhea n bloating and fever blisters
- Is it normal to get persisting diarrhea after gastric
- Persistent diarrhea with mucus