What causes persistent coughing?
Needs some evaluation and follow up with doctor
Thanks for posting your query.
What I understand from your question is that your son is having cough and not getting relieved with medications taken.
First of all there could be various reason for cough like infection in chest or throat,seasonal illnesses,some allergy etc.
Ask him to avoid cold drinks and fried food. Take light diet and avoid any strong smell. At times taking plain steam inhalation helps in cough.
Please visit your doctor again,after examination if needed he may change medications or advise some investigation to exact reason for his persistent cough.
I hope this helps.
Wishing him good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes a dry cough
- Palpitations cause persistent cough
- What causes persistent cough and cold
- What causes cough attacks
- What causes persistent cough and occasional dizziness
- What causes a chesty cough
- What causes persistant coughing and choking
- What is the cause for persistent cough in child
- Persistant cough causes
- What causes persistent cough in a 14 months old