What causes persistent cough?

Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I am suffering from cough since a week now, although have been taking some cosmetic TV advertised cough syrup but hardly see any improvement. Need help plz.
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need some further details regarding..

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX Welcome to HealthcareMagic,
I've gone through your query and understand your concern,

Well you haven't mentioned which cough syrup are you taking, so let me know that..

In order to guide you more specifically, please provide a few more details so that I can suggest better.. Please go through the following questionnaire and answer them :

Is it dry cough or productive ?

If productive, how is the color or phegma/sputum ?

Any sore throat/runny nose/fever/headache/body ache ?

Any hoarseness of voice ?

Any difficulty in swallowing ?

Any history of smoking ?

Any other problems ?

Is this the first time you're experiencing this or also in the past too ?

I'll be looking forward to these details in your follow-up to guide you further..

Awaiting....

Take Care
Kind Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee