What causes persistent cough in a person with emphysema and COPD?
Yes, you should get done blood test.
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.
COPD patients are prone for lung infection because of poor lung defense.
And infection can cause constant coughing.
So better to get done blood test to rule out infection like pertussis or streptococcal or viral.
You may need antibiotic.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Palpitations cause persistent cough
- What causes persistent cough and cold
- What causes persistent cough after an upper respiratory tract infection
- What is the cure for persistent cough
- What causes persistent cough and occasional dizziness
- What causes persistant coughing and choking
- What is the cause for persistent cough in child
- Can alcohol consumption cause persistent cough
- Persistant cough causes
- What causes persistent cough in a 14 months old