What causes persistent cough despite having a mass in right lung?
if there is a mass, investigations should be prompt
Thanks for your query.
I understand your concerns. If there's really a 'mass' then I would recommend further investigations without delay. A biopsy or bronchoscopy is warranted. If you can upload the CT scan report then it would be helpful.
However, a mass on CT and a diagnosis of chronic cough doesn't go together. Chronic cough can be diagnosed if CT is normal. Moreover, the symptoms are also persistent. Hence, a pulmonologist consult is warranted, followed by other specific investigations.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Palpitations cause persistent cough
- What causes persistent cough and cold
- What causes persistent cough after an upper respiratory tract infection
- What is the cure for persistent cough
- What causes persistent cough and occasional dizziness
- What causes persistant coughing and choking
- What is the cause for persistent cough in child
- Can alcohol consumption cause persistent cough
- Persistant cough causes
- What causes persistent cough in a 14 months old