What causes persistent constipation and urinary urgency?

Question
what could be the possible reasons for constipation since 3 months? I am a 20 years old male and i used to take whey protein supplements. now since 3 months i have stopped taking them but i feel constipated even if i follow balanced diet, i feel frequent urge to urinate and also my testicals have become small and soft.
Mon, 11 Jun 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to dietary habits.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic! I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns.
Constipation at this age most probably be due to dietary habits mainly due to to lack of fibres in the diet.
Another possibility of recent onset constipation is hypothyroidism.
I suggest you to get a TFT( thyroid function test) done to rule of hypothyroidism. And also have fibre rich diet including fruits and vegetables.You can also take laxative syrups like lactulose at the bed time.
Size of testicle and and constipation does not have any relationship. If you really worried you can consult a urologist to assess the size and if it is small multiple investigation like hormonal studies and ultrasound may be needed.
Wishing you good health
Thanks

Follow-up: What causes persistent constipation and urinary urgency? 13 minutes later
but i have tried taking laxatives and it doesnt help me. Actually i dont have complete constipation, i just feel like some part of food is blocked inside my stomach which is not coming out and sometimes i also feel burning while urination.

Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
It’s called tenesmus

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.
You are having a condition called tenesmus. It is nothing but a feeling of incomplete evacuation of bowel.
You can stepup laxatives. You can try movicol XXXXXXX which is quite effective in this condition.
Avoid spicy foods.
Wishing you good health
Thanks