What causes persistent cloudy vision post cataract surgery and lens replacement?

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I had cataract surgery 5 weeks ago and lens replacement and vision is still very cloudy in my eye? Is this common? Very worried as I can't see with other eye.
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is, but it should be getting better/subsiding soon

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Yes sir, it is normal, it can take some time for the eye to accommodate to the new change, so give it some more time.

Taking your age into consideration, recovery time may be a little longer sir, but I hope you are still using the drops that were prescribed to you after the surgery, please do write to me with the medications you were using or still are using. One of the eye drops you are/were on may still be required.

I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.

Best wishes.