What Causes Persistent Chest Pain In A Diabetic?
I am 27 year old.
Vegitarian, Doesn't drink/Doesn't smoke since birth.
Sleep average 6.5 hrs. Diabetic A1c 7.2.Blood pressure 136/86.
Having Chest pain on my left side.Gets comfortable when I drink hot water, but turns back again on after few hours.
I am able to walk comfortably for 13Kms today as I have practice of walking 2 times a week.(Chest pain is there since 2 weeks).No breathing issues.No Shoulder pain/Jaw pain.
Will have coffee 2-3 cups a day.
Am I under sivere heart problem ?? Can there be a blockage so I am getting pain?
Possibly due to acid reflux
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone very carefully through your query. Your problem seems to be due to gastritis or gastroesophageal reflux and not due to heart causes. Nevertheless, you should get an ECG done to rule out heart cause.
In order to relieve yourself, you need to do the following:
* Avoid spicy food. Take small but frequent meals. Avoid long gaps between meals.
* Take Prilosec (omeprazole) once daily before breakfast.
* Take plenty of green leafy vegetables as well as other sources of dietary fibers. Take fiber supplements like isabgol/psyllium husk or senna. I would insist you to increase your dietary fiber intake.
* Regular morning walk and exercise to keep the bowel movements proper.
* Take curd or yogurt on daily basis. It contains beneficial bacteria and should help.
* Stress reduction has a very important role to play. Yoga and meditation should help.
Hopefully that should help.
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have pityriasis rosea rashes on prednisone why is it persistent
- Crawling itching skin around scrotum persistent
- Why is swelling and pain after elbow surgery persistent
- 6 year old sweats while sleeping persistent
- Lymph nodes swelling child persistent
- Tight chest after climb stairs persistent
- Why is jawline acne so persistent