• question-icon

What causes persistent chest pain after exercises?

Posted on Sat, 5 Aug 2017 in Heart Attack
Question: I am experiencing central chest pain after the first 5-15 minutes of strenuous exercising. The pain usually subsides afterward. This has been occurring for the last 2 months. I am 57 years old, 6 feet, 215 ponds and exercise regularly my entire life. No previous medical conditions.
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Considerations

Detailed Answer:
hello and thank you for sending the question.

I realize that you are very healthy and it sounds like you exercise very regularly.

I am concerned however about the chest discomfort that you were having during exercise. this type of symptom can indicate a possible limitation in blood flow to the coronary arteries which supply blood to your heart muscle.

I would discuss your symptoms with your primary care doctor as soon as possible. You might benefit from a stress test which can tell your doctor if your symptoms actually reflect a cardiac issue.

Thanks again for sending the query.

Sincerely,

Dr Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Robert Galamaga

Oncologist