What causes persistent chest discomfort and heart palpitations?
Please read in detail
have noted all your details
your 2d echo and stress test are normal combined together their sensitivity is more then 70% to rule out cardiac ischemia or coronary artery disease
your ecg and shows premature ventricular contractions,the most common cause of PVC is myocardial ischemia decreased blood supply to heart
you have not mentioned the number of pvcs there in 24hour recordings of holter
till a particular limit pvcs are ok but after that aggressive management is done
increased intake of caffeine and nicotine (smoking) causes increase in adrenaline hormone in the body again causing pvcs ..so restrict caffeine ,alcohol and smoking if u do them
you have anxiety problem ,anxiety can mimic chest pain of cardiac origin
anxiety is one of the causes for pvcs also
both your palpitations and chest pain can be explained by anxiety
try to keep your mind busy in work donot overthink about your chest pain and palpitation,obssessive thoughts often increses the anxiety level
at least 8hours sleep to be taken daily
45minutes of regular exercises to be done daily
do you have acid peptic problem,gastritis,acid peptic disorder can mimic the cardiac pain also so please mention this
stress thallium 97% sensitivity in ruling out cardiac disease
if its normal then chest pain is not because of cardiac blockage
tablet clonotril 0.5mg once daily at night(anti anxiety benzodiazepene)
tablet pexep cr 12.5mg initially for 14days dose to be incresed after 14days (stop zolfast pexep is much more safer and effective)
tab metolar xr 25mg twice daily at 9am (stop aten metolar is much superior snd is cardio selective in nature)
take them for 14days
(these medicines are not over counter medications so kindly get it prescribed by your cardiologist and follow them)
provide me detailed copies of your holter recordings reports ecg echo
thank you follow my instructions and you will be fine soon
have a safe recovery
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Heart palpitations caused by gastritis
- Inflammation that causes heart palpitations
- Heart palpitations causing insomnia
- Onion causing heart palpitations
- What can cause heart palpitations
- Heart palpitations caused by sneezing
- Heart palpitations cause coughing
- What causes heart palpitations symptoms
- What is the cause and treatment for heart palpitations
- What causes minor heart palpitations
- Suggest treatment for severe gastritis post coronary angioplasty
- What causes persistent chest discomfort and heart palpitations?
- What causes sudden onset of heaviness in the left side of the chest?
- What causes persistent high blood pressure when diagnosed with atrial...
- What causes high blood pressure while treating polymyalgia rheumatica?
- Does BP medication cause diarrhea and constipation?
- What causes pneumonia while having chronic obstructive pulmonary disease?
- What does this echocardiogram report indicate?
- What causes frequent episodes of extreme breathlessness?
- What causes pain in the chest upon exertion?