• question-icon

What causes persistent blurred vision and dizziness?

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I m surfing from dizziness/headache and blurry vision last 3 days. kindly advice.
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Urgent brain MRI should be done.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for being on HealthcareMagic
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist, here to answer your query.

In view of your short query with triad 'dizziness, headache and blurry vision' with acute presentation, a brain imaging(preferably MRI) appears must to look for any intracranial pathology.

A Funduscopic examination by an ophthalmologist to look for papilledema should be done as well.

Though, primary headache like migraine can also present like that commonly. A routine blood work should also be done. Besides, do you have any past medical history?

This should be dealt with priority. I suggest you visiting a neurologist at the earliest.

For now,If you have any further queries,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist