What causes persistent bleeding post-menopausal?
The excessive bleeding needs treatment.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
A bleeding persistent for 4 weeks in perimenopausal woman is worrisome and needs treatment. The crampy abdominal pain associated with the menstrual irregularities are part of peri-menopausal symptoms. The cause as you might know is hormone disturbances which end with complete cessation of periods.
In addition to these symptoms you may also develop other symptoms such as hot flashes, sleep disruptions, mood swings and urinary problems. Do not worry if you have these symptoms too.
You can try the following-
1) Take iron supplement.
2) Use Trapic-MF, ibuprofen and oral contraceptive pills to stop bleeding. You will need a written prescription from a doctor for these medicines.
Your gynecologist can help you prescribing the pills to you.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes bleeding during menopause
- What causes persistent nose bleeding
- What causes bleeding after menopause
- Post menopause spotting causes
- What is the cause of post coital bleeding
- What causes vaginal bleeding post menopause
- Can heavy lifting cause post menopause bleeding
- What causes higher hcg levels post menopause
- What causes bleeding and breast tenderness during menopause
- Lisinopril causes post menopausal bleeding