Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

What causes persistent bad pain in my right side ?

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
I have very bad pain in my right side comes from my back then under my ribs.. had test done and all came back with no problems. The pain is very bad all the time sometimes wakes me up at night.
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Description below Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. The pain that you have is likely to be due to a muscle sprain or a muscle fibers tear. Since the pain is persistent and ongoing it needs to be investigated. MRI scan is the investigation of choice to detect any such soft tissue abnormalities. In the meanwhile, for symptomatic relief: - Give enough rest to back. - Alter your sleeping position if you are having trouble sleeping -Keep moving with gentle exercise such as swimming, walking or cycling which are low impact - Gentle stretching exercises for the muscles of your back - Take mild pain killers like ibuprofen. - Stronger prescription NSAIDS with muscle relaxants may help if simple analgesics do not help. - Hot compresses to your back will be useful pain relieving measure. You may apply a local analgesic gel on that area. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes persistent bad pain in my right side ? 3 minutes later
THank you for getting back to me with your answer. My Dr. will not send me for a CT scan or a MIR as I requested she said it her job to taker care of it. I also have seen chiropractor with no help. Again thank you for your answer.
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hope this discussion was useful. Detailed Answer: Hi, I am glad to know that I could address your concern. If the pain persist you need to discuss again for MRI with your doctor. Hope this discussion was useful. Please close this discussion, if you do not have any other queries. I would appreciate your reviews about this service.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor