Thanks for your query.
The pain that you have is likely to be due to a muscle sprain
or a muscle fibers tear. Since the pain is persistent and ongoing it needs to be investigated. MRI
scan is the investigation of choice to detect any such soft tissue
In the meanwhile, for symptomatic relief:
- Give enough rest to back.
- Alter your sleeping position if you are having trouble sleeping
-Keep moving with gentle exercise such as swimming, walking or cycling which are low impact
- Gentle stretching exercises for the muscles of your back
- Take mild pain killers like ibuprofen
- Stronger prescription NSAIDS with muscle relaxants may help if simple analgesics do not help.
- Hot compresses to your back will be useful pain relieving measure. You may apply a local analgesic gel on that area.
I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.