• question-icon

What causes persistent back pain after sneezing?

Posted on Tue, 1 Aug 2017 in Back Pain
Question: since yesterday I am having back pain. it was started while sneezing. since that time i am not able to get up from bed. i had some pain killer and mussels relaxing tab and injection.
pain is more while trying to get up from bed. it is like someone is pulling and pain is increasing a lot.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be a pulled muscle.

Detailed Answer:
This pain in back can be due to pulled and strained muscles. One can pull a muscle from sneezing.
You need to get a x-ray or preferably a CT scan of the area done which can locate soft tissue injuries very easily. Apply some cold compresses by wrapping ice in a towel and take some anti inflammatory pain killer like ibuprofen and paracetamol (acetaminophen) after consulting your general physician.
This will take 7-10 days to subside completely. Avoid all painful movements.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon